I have been more risk taking in the kitchen lately. Today, I decided to try to make a Frittata, but I didn’t like any of the recipes online, so I went ahead and made up my own.
- Six Eggs– I used egg white substitute to make it healthier
- One cup chopped Asparagus
- One small squash, chopped – I used a Mexican squash for this
- 1/2 of a medium Onion, diced
- Five medium sized white Mushrooms, chopped
- Splash of Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup of Mozzarella, shredded
- 1 tablespoon Thyme
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 325 F (I put in the F for my friends that use that odd system called the Metric system).
- Heat an oven safe skillet or casserole dish.
- Add Olive Oil to skillet/dish. Add asparagus and onion to skillet/dish and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add the squash and mushrooms. Cook veggies until tender.
- Mix eggs and thyme.
- Add egg mixture to veggies, stir, and lower the heat to low. Cook for about 5 minutes on low.
- Put mixture in oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Add cheese and then set the oven to broil. Cook until cheese browns.