It is time to revive this subject. I, like many people, have rules around the food that I eat. For example:
- The item can’t be larger than my head
- The item can’t look like it fell out of a cow’s nose
- The item can’t look like it was regurgitated
- The item can’t smell like it was decaying under a fallen tree
- The item can’t look like something I would feed one of my pets
- The item can’t look like it was dug up in my backyard (closely related to decaying under a tree)
- The item can’t be alive and squirming around
So today, it was lunch time. Among some of my choices for lunch, I had to eliminate several because of my rules.
- Oyster Platter – nope, cow’s nose rule
- Sushi Platter – nope, it had uni on it, and that fails the cow’s nose rule, but if it didn’t have uni on it, I would have been all over that
- Split Pea Soup – nope, regurgitation rule
- Cottage Cheese – nope, regurgitation rule (this is very true if you have ever had babies and you are all too aware of what it looks like after they have been fed formula)
There were many other choices that I also had to eliminate based on my rules, but you get the concept, right?
I decided to have two slices of Pizza and a Diet Coke. Yum!